I have decided to try this technique for painting canopies. I remember that I had used it before in the 1990s, but I had forgotten all about it…
I have tried it yesterday on my Tamiya 1/48 scale A6M2.
I had all the tools I needed on hand, and I quickly got the hang of it.
Let’s have a closer look…
The two black base coats were done yesterday.
I still have a vintage Tamiya XF-14 bought in the mid-1980s which is still good. I will paint the black base coat and be using it also for painting the Zero.
I had asked my wife to buy some cocktail toothpicks. I now have plenty for the next 20 years. I will be using one to scrape away the excess paint probably on Friday morning.
Tomorrow I will paint the grey top coat, and after the cocktail toothpick session we can all compare the results…