One small step for a grandfather modeler, one giant leap for a grandson…
I asked my six year-old grandson yesterday if he wanted to glue the wheels of his A-26 Invader.
I put on dab of glue on the end of the struts, and he glued them.
He then decided to play with his snap cubes…
After painting the A-26 with zinc chromate as a base coat, I painted it overall silver for a weathering look later on.
Lo and behold!
A greenish silver A-26.
I quickly covered it with black…
Until I had to postpone this operation for an intruder.
Later, I was able to complete covering the A-26 leaving just a touch of silver.
It’s looking worse than it is in fact.
The right engine wasn’t properly aligned.
Luckily the glue wasn’t set so I removed the engine cowling.
And let everything sit for awhile.
Sometimes I get those.
Engine nacelles glued.
Next time Step 11.
Dry fitting for now.