With the landing gear now being too fragile to glue it to the the glass, I decided to make two supports out of wooden dowels which were glued.
I painted the dowels after the glue had cured.
And I waited 24 hours to glue the model back on the glass and let the glue cure.
The display is now earthquake proof.
Call it premonition if you want…
I had a feeling something would happened to the P-38. One of my cats chased the other one around and the picture frame which was on the filing cabinet fell off.
The P-38 got quite a jolt and snapped at the landing struts.
Not much damage though except for a broken propeller blade…
nose landing gear door and strut…
Nothing else was broken.
Everything should be repaired easily.
I will have to rethink how to safely display the P-38.
Necessity is the mother of invention.
Touching up and weathering
The P -38J is now complete except for the canopies, more painting, and decals.
The nose has some fitting problem but it will have to stay that way.
I have not decided yet on the markings. Probably a generic P -38J.
Last night I did some work on the tires and the wheel wells.
Then I thought of asking my son if he wanted his P-38 to show the interior of the gun bay or not.
Back to more painting and some research I guess…