The B-25 J will have to stay in the hangar for now since I could not meet my deadline.
I still have the framing to do on the upper turret.
I have learned a nice technique for canopies which worked well. It would have worked better but I had glued the canopies.
I will have to learn not to rush and set a deadline at least not on My Forgotten Hobby II.
My Forgotten Hobby is in its fifth year since I started going back in childhood time on December 6th, 2013…
This is what I had written…
What’s your favorite hobby?
Mine is writing blogs.
Before, this was my favorite hobby… Building model kits.
Why not combine both hobbies, one from the past with this one?
While you are pondering over this, you can visit this blog about an amateur airplane model kit builder whose motto is Let’s build!
The wooden peg was not a great idea, and working on the framing was time consuming since the canopies were already glued on.
In my haste last night I glued the B-25 J to the glass so the glue would have time to cure. As I started working on the framing this morning I noticed the glue had not already set and the model was moving…
Working on the framing was almost impossible so I decided to unglue the model. I still have hope I will have enough time to finish my project before I leave for my brother’s place this afternoon. I will take a picture before I leave.
Time is running out, but I am sure I will make it for our family reunion tomorrow afternoon.
The picture frame which will be the display base is now ready.
The wooden peg which will act as a stand has been glued into the bomb bay.
But there is still more framing to do.
The painted decals was a great solution. I still have to work though on the nose section to finish up the framing.
Then will come the weathering part.
Today is officially my brother’s birthday. My brother and I are Irish twins. We are not Irish. That’s an expression a cousin once told me. When two siblings are born in the same year they are called Irish twins.
My brother and I were born in 1948, 345 days apart.
Minus the painted masking tape framing…
Using instead painted white decal sheet paper…
I have corrected the problem with the decals using a clear coat of acrylic paint on the decals making them stick.
I will apply the same treatment to the tail section decals later.
But something is really bugging me with how I did the framing using painted masking tape.
I know it won’t bother my brother, but everytime I will visit him I know that looking at the B-25 J it will always bug me.
Some expected problems with old 20 year-old decals…
Nothing that I won’t be able to fix though.
The nose art seems good…
But the star insignias don’t want to conform or adhere properly even if I used a lot of setting solution…
I will find a solution…
Started working on the framing and a few other things…
Gluing the fuselage after a few finishing touches on the interior that will never be seen by anyone except by my brother if he drops the B-25 J while cleaning it.